New Licensed Employee

Welcome New Licensed Employees to School District 51!

As you prepare to transition in to the D51 family, please read the following to ensure all pieces are met prior to the start of your first day

Colorado Department of Education License
You are required to hold a valid Colorado educator license to be employed as a teacher, special service provider or instructional administrator in School District 51. Provide a copy of your educator license to Human Resources at your earliest convenience.

     If you do not have a valid Colorado license, submit your application immediately. Log on
     to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) website for license application here:

     If you did not upload a copy of your active license with your application, please email a
     copy to [email protected] or bring a copy when you turn in your new hire paperwork.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you have never been fingerprinted for a Colorado educator license, you must send your fingerprints to CBI for a fingerprint based criminal history check. The process can take several weeks, so it is important that you do this as soon as possible. For sample forms and more information, please click here: CDE Fingerprint Website

New Hire Paperwork
You will receive an email invitation to schedule a time and date for an onboarding appointment at Human Resources at 2115 Grand Ave.  Follow the link below to download, complete, and print new hire paperwork and additional documentation to your appointment.  If you do not receive an email invitation within 24 hours, please call 970-254-5124 to schedule your appointment.

 Transcripts  Verifications of Employment

You must submit official transcripts showing all conferred degrees.  Official transcripts uploaded with your application meet this requirement. Electronic transcripts must be sent directly from your university to [email protected]. 

Human Resources are unable to accept web display versions or unofficial versions of transcripts.

Transcripts must also include transcripts review page.

New SD51 licensed employees are awarded up to 15 years' experience for prior contracted K-12 school experience if obtained within the past 20 years.  If you are a teacher/counselor, please use the form linked here: Teacher/Counselor VOE Form, to send to your previous school districts.  If you are a Special Service Provider (other than a Counselor), please use the form linked here: SSP VOE Form, to send to your previous employers.  Verifications will only be accepted if sent back by the representing official of the school district/previous employer.

For licensed staff hired prior to the start of the school year, verification of employment must be received no later than the last working day in September.  Licensed staff hired after the start of the school year will have 60 calendar days from the first day worked to complete verifications of employment. Upon receipt of VOE forms, appropriate experience credit will be issued for placement on the salary schedule.      

You will be paid on Step 0 until all Verifications of Employment and official transcripts are received. Link to Salary Schedules.


Technology Login and Email
Call the Help Desk (970-254-5175) no sooner than 48 hours after you submit your completed new hire paperwork to Human Resources to receive your district login and password.

Then check out the D51 Teacher Resource Site.

Benefit Enrollment
Review the benefits website and complete your online enrollment by following the instructions in your eligibility email.           

Contact us if you have any questions:

Human Resources
[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Welcome to the D51 family!
#WeAreD51 #YouAreD51