Substitute Information

Substitute in D51 Schools

Now Hiring Substitute Teachers and Substitute Support Staff! 
Join our team in D51 today! 

Substitute Teachers must hold a Colorado teaching license, or a Colorado 3-year/5-year substitute authorization through the Colorado Department of Education (CDE).

Questions about the Colorado licensure process?
Review their application website at:
or contact CDE's licensing department at 303-866-6628 or [email protected]

Substitute Support Staff include classroom paraprofessionals, secretaries, and health assistants.  No teaching license is required for these positions.

Required Background Check: All substitutes are required to be fingerprinted and complete a background check to work for D51.  
D51 Substitute Salary Schedule

To be considered for employment as a substitute for D51, please complete an online application for the position(s) you are interested in here:
You'll want to include the following in your application:

  • Current resume

  • 3 Letters of Recommendation     

  • College Transcripts (Substitute Teacher applications only)

  • Copy of Colorado Teaching Licensure or Authorization or proof of License pending (Substitute Teacher applications only)

Qualified applicants will be contacted via email to schedule an interview.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.